Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Our First Anniversary

In November, I'll have been with Dan for 10 years. We don't have a whole lotta "firsts" that happen regularly anymore, but on Sunday, we celebrated our FIRST wedding anniversary! And it was a great day!

I gave Dan his card that explained his "traditional" gift of paper was in the mail (cards against humanity). He looked at me with confusion. Typical Dan to forget ;)

(He claims he didn't...claims he didn't want to get me flowers before we went to blono b/c they would be dead when we got back...claims he didn't want to get me flowers IN blono b/c they would die on the car ride back...said he has no idea why he didn't get a card. hahaha! men.)

We started the day at mass at the church we were married in. As luck would have it, we were home, and it was pretty great to be back there thinking about how we had said our vows in the very spot 365 days ago.

Then we had some breakfast with my fam, and cut our anniversary cake! We didn't save the top layer...my cake lady said she would just make a replica, and I am glad we did it! Butterfinger flavored cake is one of the best things on the planet.

After running some errands around blono and getting our doggies from his dad's we hit the road for STL. As soon as we got back, we changed, and headed to Grafton to our favorite winery! It was a great day for it. Sitting in the shade, it felt fabulous. We had a bottle of peach wine, some dinner, and then a bottle of strawberry wine. I love sweet wine.

When the winery closed, we headed to Edwardsville to drive around our dream neighborhood. I want a new house. But then we went to Orange Leaf...b/c I obviously use ANY excuse possible for anything in the ice cream family. Dessert was delicious, and I was happy!

Once home, we broke open our first guestbook bottle! I already don't want to wait another 4 years to see the 5th anniversary one. The notes were adorable, and there were pictures drawn by friends that cracked me up. I will be putting them all together in a little book. I am so happy we did it this way. I think it made it more fun for the guests to write crazy things instead of just "congratulations" and their names!

Overall, it was a success. I love that husband of mine.

Oh...and the day later, he got me a perfect card, pretty flowers, and tickets (paper) to Jason Aldean! I think I'll keep him.

No comments:

Post a Comment