Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Is this real life?

So I have officially graduated college.  How weird is that?  I have my B.A. in Psychology, with 2 minors in Criminal Justice and Spanish from Saint Louis University.  I still don't think it has really sunk in, but I didn't dream it because there are pictures to prove that it happened!  It was wonderful having my family come down, and they all loved the food I made, which made it even better.  Plus, a lot of my close friends came to watch me graduate and even waited for me after the ceremony for hugs and pictures.  I am so spoiled by all the people in my life, it's not even funny.  I don't know how I got to be so blessed, but I am so very grateful.

I graduated on a Friday, and the next week I still had some finals, work, and volunteering to do, but I came home last Friday.  I will be in BloNo for 2 whole weeks, and I really don't have much planned.  It's AMAZING.  Dan's mom moved this past weekend, so I helped with that, and we still have a lot of cleaning/unpacking to do, so I am keeping myself busy, but I am also sleeping in and watching TV and since graduating, I have reread the first 2 Harry Potters and started number 3.  It's so relaxing to not worry about anything and just enjoy doing whatever comes up.

Even though I can enjoy these 2 weeks with family, Christmas, and my most favorite niece's 4th birthday, the worry about what to do after this mini vacation is still there.  My job that I had throughout school at the Psychological Services Center was a work study job, so since I am no longer a student, that job is not really available; however, my boss is looking at the budget to "see what she can do."  My fingers are crossed because if I could stay there, life would be so much less stressful.  However, if that doesn't work out, I am sure after the holidays I can apply to retail stores, etc, around STL and find something to fill my time with and make some money.  It will all work out somehow.

All I know is that I plan to spend time with a lot of my favorite people while I am in town, while celebrating the holidays.  It truly is a wonderful time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment