Tuesday, May 21, 2013

11 days and counting

I can really barely believe there are only 11 days until Dan and I are married.  When we got engaged, 14 months seemed like such a long time to wait for our wedding, but the last 14 months have FLOWN by.  Currently, I am understanding why people always say that they are just ready for the planning and wedding to be over.  It seems as though each time I cross something off my "to-do list," I add something else.  There are so many details to finalize.  There are so many bills to pay.  There are so many "extras" to plan.  There is just SO. MUCH. STUFF.

But.  This is the one time I get to do this.  Until our kids our born, this will be THE happiest day  of my life.  I fell in love with Dan so long ago, and I really can't wait to finally be his wife.  He drives me absolutely crazy, but I wouldn't want anyone else to play that role.  Our wedding is something I have looked forward to for a LONG time, so I will not let the details make me resent it.  I will not allow myself to get angry or stressed about things that don't really matter.  I will enjoy the days leading up to the wedding, and I will enjoy OUR day. 

I can't wait to go get pampered on Thursday.  
I can't wait for my actual final dress fitting on Friday.  Seeing that dress actually FIT me will probably take my breath away :)  
I can't wait for our rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner.  
I can't wait to go get my hair done and get ready with my best friends.  
I can't wait to put that dress on, get it tied up, and go see my dad and brothers for our "first look."  
I can't wait to see Dan for his "first look."  
I can't wait to spend some "romantic" time taking gorgeous pictures of us.  
I can't wait to stand there with my dad.  
I can't wait to walk down the aisle.  
I can't wait to see Dan's face as I do.
I can't wait to say our vows.
I can't wait until he puts that band on my hand.
I can't wait until I get to put his on.
I can't wait for our first kiss.
I can't wait for all of the fun wedding party pictures.
I can't wait to be introduced as "Mr. and Mrs. Dan Cleinmark."
I can't wait to hear the toasts.
I can't wait to cut our cake.
I can't wait to eat that delicious cake!
I can't wait for our first dance.
I can't wait to dance with my daddy.
I can't wait to dance with my girls!
I can't wait to hug our family and friends.

So even though it is stressful and money is tight, I won't let any of that get in the way of my excitement and make me wish time would hurry.  I want to enjoy every minute of this.

I can't wait to marry my best friend.

2 comments:

  1. You just made me cry! Ughhh, I'm going to be such a baby at your wedding! Not to mention mine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! I will be a mess, too! So many happy tears to share over the next month ;)

      Delete