Monday, May 27, 2013

single-hand countdown!

I can count.  On one hand.  The number of days until our wedding.   !!!!!!!!!


Yep!  You read that right.  5.  Freaking.  Days!


Let's all just keep our fingers crossed that even though weather.com has said there will be a "couple thunderstorms" on June 1 for the past 5 days, that it is wrong.  Ain't nobody got time for rain on your wedding day!  This girl does NOT care about the luck ;)  I care much more about not ruining my dress on the wet ground during outdoor pictures!


We are in the homestretch with all of our details.  It still feels like there is a ton to do, but we are making some progress!  Earlier this weekend I finished up our programs!  I bruised my freaking hand using the single hole punch trying to punch through 4 sheets of cardboard over 300 times.  So that was fun times.  Overall, though, I am pretty happy with the result!


Last night, I made our "guestbook."  I have been going back and forth on what I wanted to do for a guestbook.  We have a shutterfly photobook from our photographers, which was my original plan, but when I saw it, I decided I didn't want people writing all over it.  Then I was going to look for a big frame with a large mat to have people sign, but when I was at the store, I thought of something I had seen on pinterest and changed my mind again!


I had the fiance take the labels off of 6 old wine bottles that we had been saving for a rainy day.  Then I hand-wrote some labels for 6 different anniversaries - 1, 5, 10, 20, 35, and 50.  There is a frame that says "please leave us a note to open on one of our future anniversaries."  We will leave some silver sharpies and colored paper so that people can write out little messages and chose an anniversary to leave it in.  The bottles say "best opened on June 1 [corresponding anniversary year]...vintage 2013"  (the vintage 2013 was Dan's request...)  Then I wrote a monogram with our initials.  I have horrible handwriting, so these are far from perfect, but I am happy with them!  I think it will be super cute to have people decide which year they want us to read a message.  It will be so sweet to open them on later anniversaries and remember who shared our day with us!


In other news - I have been trying to break my shoes in.  I never wear heels, so the balls of my feet start to hurt, but for the most part, they don't hurt TOOOOOO bad.  No blisters, yet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment