Tuesday, May 10, 2011

there's no place like home.

I hate St. Louis.  Don't get me wrong...I love SLU, and I know I made the right choice in spending 3.5 years of my life there.  I got a great education and met a FEW people that I know I will be friends with for a long time.  I learned a lot about psychology and life in general, and I have a lot of memories that I am beyond grateful for.


But I HATE St. Louis.  I think I have always kind of felt this way, but now I am starting to feel stuck here.  I had imagined I would be leaving again for school, but now we're getting ready to move into this house, and St. Louis suddenly seems so permanent, and I REALLY don't want it to be.  It sounds bad, but it St. Louis is just so full of uneducated, unmotivated, and self-centered people that it makes doing anything completely annoying.  Driving, being at a grocery store, etc.  Anything public, to be quite honest.


Driving, especially.  I have always not enjoyed driving, but it sucks so much more here than home.  I expect to get tboned pulling into my apt complex.  That is NOT ok.  Why do I expect it?  Well, because there are countless people who think they are too good to sit at the red light, so they try to make 2 quick "right on red"s while I am legally turning left on a green arrow.  At least once I week, I have to slam on my brakes to avoid a collision.  Why do these people think they're too good to wait?  Because if I could talk to them, I would promise them that they are NOT too good to wait like the rest of the world.  Then, today, I was driving home and a person stopped in my lane.  Just stopped.  They then proceeded to get into the suicide lane to turn left, I assume.  As I go to continue in my lane, the come right back into it.  I had to slam on my brakes and swerve into the other lane.  How can people be so self-centered that they don't even think about other people on the road?  It's dangerous.  And an annoying character flaw.


That's how it is down here, though.  In an area where poverty is so common (which I know I should feel bad about...) people are uneducated, ignorant, self-centered, and they expect things to be handed to them.  I want to be somewhere where mostly everyone works hard for what they have and have an appreciation for life.  I don't want to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment