Tuesday, May 3, 2011

back to square one?

I have basically been continuously changing my mind over the past few months - I wanted to go to grad school, then I was rejected by UMSL and I had no desire to go anywhere, then I visited Indiana and fell in love with the program, then I was rejected, which made me wonder if I even wanted to go to graduate school for psychology.  I began looking into counseling programs, and it seemed like a great idea - mostly because they wanted my transcript and that's it.  They didn't care what my GRE score was - they were impressed with my GPA (which I feel is a much better indicator of how I will do in graduate school), so I felt wanted.


However, I had a realization yesterday - getting a MA in counseling is the same as just giving up.  It is taking the easy way out and giving up on my dream, so I will be taking a year off.  I will spend this year looking into maybe taking the GRE again, looking at some Ph.D. (in both clinical and counseling psych), some Psy.D., and some MA programs in clinical psych and doing the whole application process again.


If it doesn't work out, then I can do a MA in counseling, but at least I'll know that I put my all into it.


Hopefully it works out...

No comments:

Post a Comment