Monday, March 25, 2013

Shower recap!

I cannot believe I forgot to tell you "all" about my bridal shower!  Let me just come out and say, I was NERVOUS.  I never realized that showers were so "secretive," and I was NOT a fan.  The bride, in my opinion, has every right to share her opinion on food, location, games, etc.  With some work, I was able to (mostly) get my voice heard, and it turned out wonderfully!  Thanks to my bridesmaids and mother, the food was good, we had it where I wanted it, and it had the most adorable decorations!  

Also, in general, I feel like showers are awkward.  Tons of women in a room, playing "games" that no one wants to play.  Who came up with this?!  BUT!  Mine was better, I think.  Don't get me wrong, there were women I literally didn't know...like when they walked in, there was NO WAY I could tell you their names...but I guess maybe that happens when you marry into some families.  Overall, though, the room was filled with my favorite women, and I felt SO much love.   There were lots of hugs and laughter, and it seemed like for the most part, everyone enjoyed the games.  I also got some amazing gifts, which was really exciting.  We can't wait for the wedding to get more ;)  oh...and to just be married!

my gorgeous friends (and flower girl) that helped make the day perfect!
best flower girl ever :)  love her more than anything!
Events like this always make me so grateful.  I seriously have the BEST people in my life.  My family took time out of their lives to drive to Blono to spend a few hours with me.  I had friends drive 3 hours for a 2 hour shower!  My bridesmaids and 2 other close friends spent HOURS preparing for the shower.  (Who says you don't make life-long friends in high school?!  I know I sure did!)  It is humbling to know that so many people care that much.  I really don't know what I did to deserve so much love, but I will take it!

these ladies have been so amazing throughout the planning process :)
can't wait to have them stand up with me as I marry my guy!

With the shower over, the wedding is getting closer and closer!  We picked out our cake, we finalized our reception layout, and I had my first fitting for my dress!  People...I cannot tell you how excited I am to see that thing 6+ inches shorter.  I may cry...which is justified because it is seriously the PERFECT dress for me.  I can't wait to wear it when I marry Dan...I know I will feel more beautiful that day than I ever have :)

The bachelorette party is coming up, too!  We are going to spend the afternoon drinking wine at this amazing winery in Grafton, then we will have dinner and continue to drink at Ragin Cajun, this awesome dueling piano bar in Alton.  It's only going to be the best par-tay every!


68 days until I get to marry my best friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment