Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Prayers for the precious Brenna Bug!

If you are unaware, being an aunt is my favorite role that I have had in life.  It is such a blessing!  I have two beautiful nieces.  Aidan will be 7 in December, and Brenna is 4 months old!  They are absolute joys.

Aidan can talk my ear off, which I LOVE.  There is nothing in this world better than a big Aidan smile, hearing her say "Aunt Trisha!" and getting a huge hug from her.  Her and I have a special bond, I think, and I hope that we can continue to stay close as she gets older.  I pray that she always sees me as someone she can depend on and confide in.  I love that girl more than words!

Brenna, or Bug as her daddy has got us all to call her, is SO MUCH LIKE her big sister.  She is one of the sweetest, happiest babies I have ever known.  Cuddles with that girl make everything else that sucks in the world just disappear.  Even though I never want her to get any bigger than she is now, I can't wait to see her personality come out even more.  It will be so fun to watch her learn all about life and to see what she has in common with Aidan and what is dramatically different.

my favorite girls!
Bug at 2 months old!
with her moo cow from Aunt Moo!

I tell you this because that sweet, 4 month old, baby has been in the hospital for 18 hours hooked up to an IV!  She has been vomiting excessively, unable to keep any milk down, and is severely dehydrated.  So far, nothing has been determined as a cause, and though I am sure it is just a stomach bug, "just a stomach bug" is so bad for a little baby!  Currently, it seems all they can do is continue to pump her with fluids, even though I am sure the baby needs some nutrients/fuel to fight off whatever is making her sick.

I am not concerned that she won't make a full recovery quickly, but I do ask that you keep her, my brother, SIL, and precious Aidan in your thoughts and prayers, as I am sure this is scary for all of them.

1 comment:

  1. Your nieces are so beautiful. I hope Bug feels better soon. It's so scary when babies are in the hospital, you just want to hug and kiss them and take away their pain.

    ReplyDelete