Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Recap!

I hope you all had a FABULOUS holiday!  I always enjoy being back in Normal and getting the chance to catch up with many of the people that I love.  We headed back up north last Friday and stayed until the next Saturday!  It was our longest trip home in awhile!

While there, I was able to see the lovely Sara and her beautiful daughter, Cecelia!  We didn't take any pictures...very unlike us.  Guess that means that I need to go home again soon to cuddle that sweet girl some more!

I was also able to catch up with some beautiful friends from high school.  My friend, Jordan, joined the Navy earlier this year, so I was ecstatic to learn she would be back in town for the holidays!  It is always lovely to catch up with people that I don't get the chance to see very often!


The rest of my time was spent with family!  Every Christmas Eve we all go to my grandpa's and then to midnight mass.

Christmas morning was spent at my parents' house, opening gifts and playing with my brother's girlfriend's adorable little boy!  We then went to lunch at Dan's mom's house, and we finished the day with dinner at his dad's!  It was a BUSY day, but it was full of laughter, and I have to admit, I got some good stuff!  (clothes, a new GPS, a curl secrete!  (that actually works!  I was shocked!), necklaces, bracelets, scarves, etc).

Our final celebration was on Friday with my immediate family.  Parents, my brothers, and all significant others/children.  It was a fun time!  Brenna Bug was so excited to see/open the gifts.  Yes, I know she is only 5.5 months, but seriously, if you could have seen her eyes widen!  She would then proceed to shove the gift to her mouth ;) but she also ripped the paper with her hands.  Aunt Trisha was super impressed ;)

funny faces with Ms Aidan!
Our precious Brenna Bug!
Can you tell that I love these girls a bit?
All of us!
I hope your celebrations were filled with as much love and laughter as mine were!

No comments:

Post a Comment