Tuesday, August 27, 2013

newlywed bliss

Since Dan and I lived together for two years before getting hitched, I was slightly concerned we wouldn't get the whole "honeymoon phase" of marriage.  Because...let's face it, I already know EVERY ONE of his annoying daily habits.  To be fair - I chose to marry him anyway, so that should say something!  But it really was a concern.  Also, being a grad student, I was worried that jumping right back into every day life 2 days after the wedding wouldn't help the situation.  (However, in hindsight, doing our honeymoon two months later really seemed like the perfect time!)
two monthi-versary on the beach!  picture perfect ;)

Still - life hasn't changed much since we said "I do," so we have been trying to do little things to keep it new.  When we first started college, we would play tennis together on the weekends or when we went home for the summer, so lately, we have been going out and doing that again.  It's nice to get some exercise while enjoying each other's company.

This weekend, we went to an indoor rock climbing gym.  Besides a birthday party when I was about 7, neither of us had ever really done it!  Together, we learned to Belay (aka tie the rope to both of us while one person climbs and the other stands on the ground to hold them), and then climbed together for the afternoon!  It was so fun to do something completely new together.  We can't wait to go back!
Woo!  All the way to the top!  (I was so scared to just let go in order to get down!)
Dan was loving it!

Hopefully we will be able to find a few other things that help us reconnect as a newly married couple.  Not that anything is wrong...but we would love for our relationship to keep growing.  Ending year 1 as a married couple more in love than on our wedding day is our ultimate goal!

Also - yesterday was apparently National Dog Day!  I had no idea, but instagram and facebook always keep me in the loop!  So here is my sweet Riley Roo.  Always mama's companion ;)
bedtime cuddles ;)  (with the cat...what can I say)

No comments:

Post a Comment