Friday, August 23, 2013

yo-yo

My goodness.  "Losing weight" and "being healthy" is so much work!  I mean, I guess it makes sense.  If it were easy, we would all be the exact size that we want to be by sheer will.  Ahhh...it's a nice dream.  Unfortunately, my will is not enough to keep the pounds off.

I wish I could say that the actual weight doesn't matter, but currently it is the only way I can really keep track.  Over the last 8 months, I have felt my pants fitting differently, but I haven't had to buy a smaller size.  So - I keep a word document weight log.  Crazy?  Possibly.  But it currently keeps me accountable.  I weigh myself each Friday.

In January, when I got serious about  losing weight for the wedding, I weighed 130lbs.  I realize that doesn't sound big, but I am 4'10, people!  According to BMI charts (which I know aren't perfect...but still), I was "overweight" with around a 27 BMI.  30 is obese.  I was unhappy with how I looked, and I was unhealthy.  Period.

It was funny because most people were all "oh, you don't have to lose weight," but by March, at around 120lbs, I started getting some compliments.  "Oh wow, have you lost weight?  You look great!"  etc.  It was nice, not going to lie, but my goal was 115 for the wedding.  I'm not sure why 115, exactly, but that's what I wanted.  According to BMI calculators, 115 was in the normal range, so it seemed like a good goal to start with.  I got there in the middle of April, a month and a half before the wedding.  Let me just say, I was shocked.  The first 8 lbs took 2 MONTHS!  2 MONTHS TO LOSE 8 FREAKING LBS.  That is a lb a week, and I didn't think I could keep it up.  I had pretty much decided I wouldn't make it to 115, but the next 7 seemed to come off more easily.

When we got married on June 1, I was right around 110 - give or take.  (And I had been that weight since the beginning of May).  I didn't weigh myself for about 2 weeks around the wedding, but it was in there somewhere.  At that weight, my BMI was right around 23.  That's pretty good, but 25 is overweight, so I still felt like I had a way to go.  Not that I wanted to LOSE a ton more weight, but at least work on building muscle and losing fat so that my BMI kept coming down.  I want to be healthy!  I want to fight against all the disease that is in my family.  I want to have easy pregnancies and deliveries, God willing.  I want to be able to run around outside with my nieces/future kids/etc.  I want to feel good.  I want to look good in clothes.

None of that changed after the wedding.  Thankfully.  I maintained (give or take a few lbs) right around 110 lbs until late July.  3 months of maintaining.  That's pretty good for a gal that doesn't enjoy eating healthy or working out.

Then the honeymoon happened.  Long story short.  I am back up to 115.  I haven't weighed this much in 4 months.  My BMI is around 24.  That's way too close to 25 and "overweight" for my liking.  I don't want to get back up to where I started, so it is time to turn it around NOW.  This week, I religiously logged in MFP again, and I lost a little over a lb.  Good start.  Now to keep it up.  Hopefully I will get back to 110, where I feel more comfortable, soon.  And then hopefully I will stay there.  This yo-yoing thing is not for me.

As a related side note - I need new, delicious, healthy meal options.  Grilled chicken, rice, and a green veggie is BORING, and I am OVER it.  Feel free to give me some yummy ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Lemon baked chicken and beer can chicken..... So good!

    I'm experimenting sobill keep you posted on meal ideas!

    ReplyDelete