Monday, July 8, 2013

Welcome to the world, beautiful Brenna!

I am an aunt again!  Yesterday, at 5:42pm, a beautiful, 9lb 4oz, 21.5in long, baby girl joined the world!  She is absolutely perfect!

Brenna Claire Donovan - precious girl!
We were all anxiously awaiting her birth, as her mama, my SIL was induced at 6am.  Since we live 2 hours away, with puppies, we tried to time it right.  We got to Athens (where my bro and SIL live) to drop off some frozen dinners I had made them, a little after 5.  Dan and I then stopped for dinner, and headed to the hospital in Springfield.  At 6:30, we heard the chimes, indicating she was HERE!  Turns out the chimes were 45min late, but at the time, we didn't know that!  And we celebrated!  And it was EXCITING!  Justin came out a little after that, gave Aidan a huge hug, and let us know all the details!

Since they decided at 4pm that I c-section would be the best option, Lauren and Brenna were recovering until about 7:30, when Aidan got to go back to meet her big sister.  The rest of us got to see her a little before 8.  Let's just say, I have never seen Aidan smile that big in her entire life!  And she is a happy freaking kid!  It melted my heart to see her holding, smiling at, and kissing her little sister.

proud big sister
Brenna is lucky to have such a loving big sis -
Aidan will take such good care of her!
Then we naturally passed Brenna around like a hot potato.  She had a TON of people that couldn't wait to meet her.  (And there are even more still waiting to meet her.)  Brenna is already incredibly loved.  She is in for a lifetime of spoiling.  Sorry mom and dad ;)

First snuggles with Aunt Trisha/Moo/whatever she wants to call me ;)
Uncle Dan
proud daddy
kisses for my girl :)
hi,  Uncle Joshy!
It was beautiful to see Lauren, Justin, and Aidan crowding around this new life they brought into this world.  They are such a happy, adorable family, and I am grateful they have been blessed with this gift.  I am also grateful that they are sharing the gift with us.  There is nothing better than being an aunt!  (I am sure one day being a mom will also be pretty awesome ;) but for now, Aunt Trisha is my FAVORITE title).
Brenna and mommy
happy family!
Can't wait to see her sweet face and here her adorable coos again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment