Tuesday, July 2, 2013

one-monthiversary!

Hello, hello!  It is July 2nd, which means I somehow managed to survive the insanity that was June!  June 1 - married, June 8 - Brenna's baby shower, June 9 - registry completion event, June 15 - Melissa's bachelorette party, June 23 - Dan's birthday and his cousin's wedding, June 29 - MELISSA'S WEDDING!  (all of June = way too much school crap).  So yeah...it was ALL lovely stuff, but this girl can't wait to catch up on some sleep this week...and I am pretty sure my Jeep needs some rest, too!

Quick recap of Melissa's wedding - it was LOVELY!  She did so many little DIY touches, and she did a fabulous job.  The decor was AMAZING, she looked beautiful, she was probably the most calm bride that has ever existed, the ceremony was sweet, and the par-tay was so much fun!  I have known Melissa for a long time, and I am so grateful I was there with her to share that day.  She deserves all the happiness in the world, and I know Mark is going to always do everything in his power to make that happen.  As a sad side-note -- saying bye to her was hard.  Melissa is moving to South Dakota, where Mark is stationed.  I have plans to go see her ASAP, but it's still hard when you just don't know when that will actually happen.  Time to start saving my pennies!  (as soon as this honeymoon is paid for!  oh yes, I'll get to that!)

Yesterday was July 1 - aka our one-monthiversary!  I am pretty much the coolest wife ever, so I got Dan an anniversary card (that I had to touch up to fit the occasion) and some champagne.  I also pulled out our wedding flutes...may as well get some use out of those things!  He was surprised, and I think it was a cute way to recap our first month as husband and wife.  It is my intention to do this each month this year, and compile the cards for him as part of his "paper" gift on our first anniversary.  
I am so cute/thoughtful!
After Dan got home, we worked together to make a scrumptious dinner.  He grilled out (and made his own tater tots...) while I made potatoes and veggies.  We even cleaned off our dining room table so we could eat a civilized dinner.  It was a good change of pace, that we definitely need to keep up!

Yum-o!
I also put together all of our wedding cards yesterday.  The single hole punch may have gotten a little beat up going through super thick cards, but I am happy with the result!  It was fun to look through the cards again as I put it together, and it will be nice to have this as a keep-sake.


Now about this honeymoon business - WE ARE OFFICIALLY GOING ON A HONEYMOON!  I am pretty sure I have never been this excited about a vacation -ever!  We will be flying out of BloNo on July 29th, with a layover in Dallas prior to heading to Miami, where we will spend the night (...) before heading to PUNTA CANA super early on the 30th!  Woot woot!  Our flight back to the states leaves early on the 8th, so that means we have 9 nights in paradise!  I am loving looking up excursion ideas.  Hopefully I can convince Dan that splurging to swim with dolphins is completely worth it!  

Brenna will be here this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It's been such a busy month that I've totally slacked on your blog! Way to go for keeping up with it! By the way, you totally made me cry! I miss you! And I LOVE the monthiversary idea! Ours is next Monday, so I should probably get to planning!

    ReplyDelete