Tuesday, March 4, 2014

internship update

Today was a big day for internship news.  Some good.  Some not great.  During this process, we can be offered positions and turn down positions.  We cannot accept a position until March 14.  This is to "protect" us from being pressured into accepting prior to hearing all of our options.

I have had 5 interviews, and I have now heard back from 2 places.  

One place said I am not their top choice, they are offering to people ahead of me, but if they turn the position down, I may hear back and get an offer. This was really hard for me to hear.  This was a place that had a lot of things I really liked, and it was hard to hear that I wasn't a top choice for them.  I may have eaten my feelings in ice cream over it.


At least my friends tried to cheer me up.  EBP stands for "evidence based practice" ... and I can't deny it...seems to work for me.  Maybe they will call me.  Maybe they will end up making me an offer.  But right now, I am hurt and feeling bad for myself.  Ugh.  Rejection sucks.

Another place called me today to say I am a top candidate, and they want to know if I will accept, if they offer.  They are kind of blurring the lines, but it is still nice that through my resume and interview, that they wanted ME...out of quite a few candidates.  You would think it would make up for the rejection...ugh.  Not yet.

I also heard back from a place about scheduling an interview.  It is short notice, but it is a district back in my hometown, and I can't turn that down.  I am excited to hear about what they have to offer and to see if it would be a good fit for me.

Keep sending positive vibes.  At this point, I am just really hoping that on the 14th I can be HAPPY about where I will be next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment