Monday, June 10, 2013

Life as a Mrs!

Oh, people.  I have been married for over a week.  My house/kitchen is a disaster area.  I think it's time to move...or completely redo our kitchen/get rid of our dining room.  There is just not enough space here for all of our goodies!  Somebody who enjoys organizing/tetris should probably come help me out.  I am struggling!

Besides the MESS (and let's be honest...I can live with a mess...), married life is pretty awesome.  It is really similar to "before-married" life.  Guess that happens when you have been living together for 3 years ;).  But it's still pretty great.  We have been trying to make some "date" efforts.  We went to the zoo.  We took the dogs to a park we have never been to and took them on a long walk on a trail.  We have been out to dinner.  We have spent some "turn off our phones and watch this movie" time together.  It has been fun taking the time to really just enjoy each other.  I guess a wedding can remind you what is important in a relationship!

Last night we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and spent over $800 (after a 20% off everything discount).  Oops.  That's what happens when we got a lot of cash for the wedding!  We had to buy 11 sets of our dishes because we only got 1 set...haha.  Then we got some new utensils for our new pots/pans, a new cast iron skillet, a pressure cooker, a large stock pot with a strainer (I AM SO STOKED ABOUT THIS THING, PEOPLE!), some new pillows (decorative and useful), a new blanket, some bake ware, new measuring cups, luggage, and more!  SO. MUCH. GOOD. STUFF!  I was really excited for it all, and I think Dan is pretty happy with all of our stuff!  (This brings me back to the whole "no room in the kitchen" problem - really...someone come help me!)

new place settings!  we need to have a dinner party!
my gorgeous new dutch oven!
our big stock pot with strainer!
new bedding!  love!
We have also been busy with adult stuff - putting me on Dan's health insurance (woooo!), adding each other to our bank accounts, transferring my retirement fund from CHS to an IRA at my bank.  Next on my list - figure out how the heck to change my name!  I am not looking forward to all the paperwork for this.  There are apparently "kits" you can pay for, and I may just do that.  Please make this as simple as possible for me!

Because - oh yeah, I am a grad student!  and I am slacking horribly.  This summer, we have a bunch of articles to read, 2 presentations to give, a research paper to write, and a grant proposal to research/write.  I am tired just thinking about it.  I need to get started - ugh!  That on top of my 2 assistantships is keeping me pretty busy.  I can't wait for mid July - mid August.  A complete BREAK!  Yes, please.

Other life is also continuing.  Shocking.  (just kidding!)  On Saturday we celebrated my SIL, Lauren, and my new niece, Brenna at a baby shower.  It was a lot of fun!  I really can't wait to hold/kiss/squeeze that precious baby girl!  Aidan is my favorite person in the whole world, so I really can't wait for a second one to love just as much!  Plus, Sara's precious Cecelia has decided she wants to keep growing up, walking and whatnot, so little Brenna will give me my "wittle baby" fix!


the mama-to-be!
niece #1 is getting WAY too big!
Next weekend is ANOTHER exciting event!  Melissa will be having her bachelorette party! I am so excited to celebrate with her!  Then partying again at her wedding in just a few weeks!  It will be such a fun time for her, and I am so lucky to be able to share it with her! She deserves some wonderful days!

Well, I think I have blabbered on enough.  I should probably get back to our "thank yous!"

No comments:

Post a Comment