Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pathetic attempt to run outside

This girl thought it would be a good idea to try and run outside.  Don't get me wrong.  I have "run" outside before.  It was always more of a run/walk where I would try to "run" to a certain driveway, then walk to another driveway, then run, and so on.  Since January, I have been running regularly.  We got a treadmill, so I really utilized it for my weight loss.  I should mention (as a side note).  I had a goal of losing 15 lbs for our wedding.  I ended up getting down about 20 lbs, which I never really imagined would happen.  Now that the wedding is over, I am NOT gaining that weight back.  Period.  Plus, it would be super nice to tone up a bit more before our honeymoon!  This gal wants to feel GREAT in a bikini.

So anyway - I have still been running on the treadmill.  Since January, I have made it so that I can run (read - jog) 2 miles without stopping on the treadmill!  I have run a 9:30 mile a few times.  On Monday, I went a total of 3 miles (with some walking).  These are HUGE accomplishments for me!  I thought outside would be a fun change of scenery.  It is HARD!  I had to walk after .8 of a mile.  And a few more times.  I made it 2 miles, with an 11:30 average (but that was with walking...so it wasn't HORRIBLE).  I guess the hills threw me off.  One huge plus was the breeze - it felt amazing as I was running!  I may have to try and make this part of my routine a few days a week so that I can get the hang of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment