Friday, September 6, 2013

a rant.

School is in full swing - woo.  Let's just say, I am happy it is the weekend and that I don't have any large projects due next week.

Now onto my rant - 

Part of my schooling is being a practicum student for a local school district.  It gives us hands on school psych experience that the classroom just doesn't cover.  My supervisor at practicum this semester is great!  She also has me working with another school psych that is also freaking fabulous.  Today, though, they introduced me to another school psych in the department.  Her first words to me were "What are you, all of 12 years old?"  Not "Hello, it's nice to meet you!"

Yes, I am only 5'00 in these heels I am wearing.  Yes, I have a young-looking face.  BUT IN WHAT WORLD IS THAT NOT RUDE?!  I just don't get why people, who should have social skills, feel the need to point it out.  Making a comment about being "so little" doesn't really bother me, but at least freaking say hello before you have a smart-ass comment.  Only my friends and family can get away with that stuff, lady!

This has been a reoccurring thing throughout my life.  When I went to get my license they asked me how old I was ... you are kidding, right?  Why in the hell do you think I am here?!

How do people think that is OK?  The only person concerned about my age should be the one serving me alcohol.  thankyouverymuch.

I like to think I am a pretty confident person.  I am awesome, and all...but we all have some insecurities.  I am completely OK with being 4'10 barefoot.  When I stopped growing 11 years ago, I figured I should probably learn to accept it, and I have, in general ... but jeez, I don't need a stranger to make some rude comment about how young I look.  Who raised these people?!

The worst part is...this woman is a school psychologist.  That works with children with special needs.  I can only pray she has a better filter around them.

Let's not be rude to strangers!  Do me a favor...always try to think before you say something that somebody could find offensive.

end rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment