Monday, September 30, 2013

baby fever.

I have 15 pages to add to my research paper and another 5 page assignment for another class.

So naturally I decided to write a blog post instead.

I have a serious case of baby fever.  Dan and I got married 4 months ago tomorrow, and I know for a lot of people this would be "too soon."  But Dan and I have lived together for over 2 years now.  We were together 8.5 years before we tied the knot.

So if I wasn't in school, I would be so ready!  I think Dan would be, too.  If we both had jobs, we would definitely be financially stable enough to support a little one, and for me, that is a priority.

I know that we have to wait.  And we are.  There is no way I could give a child all that he/she needs with my school obligations.  I feel bad enough that I am neglecting my husband, animals, and friends.  Clearly there isn't time for a child that would require so much more than I already give of myself.

Knowing those facts doesn't make it any easier, though.

I see pictures of my sweet nieces, friends' babies, and pregnant bellies, and I get a little jealous.  I know that I will have my turn, and I know that in the long run, this is what is best, but it's still hard.

Next month, I will be 25.  That is by no means old, but it still feels old!  Maybe that is part of this.  A "crisis."  ;)  

All I know is, I have to GET OVER IT!  Otherwise, the next 2 years will be ridiculously long!  I just need more baby fixes of other peoples' kids...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment