Sunday, September 1, 2013

FALL IS HERE!

Well, maybe not according to the calendar (or weather), but what do they know?  It is SEPTEMBER!  The first of the -BER months -- the BEST time of the year!  Lovely things are happening, people!  I found peppermint mocha creamer at the store!  WOOT WOOT!  Don't get me wrong - this gal cannot wait for all things fall, so I am not trying to rush to winter (in fact, snow is the worst thing. ever.), but peppermint mocha...come on!

I look forward to so many Fall things - 

- I cannot wait for a pumpkin spice latte.  Starbucks is totally out of the way, but I may  make a swing by when I get to eville on Tuesday to grab a lovely PSL before work :)

- Eckerts.  If you are from the STL area, you know.  Eckerts is the best place on earth (after Disney World).  I can't even dream up apple cider as good as they make it at Eckerts!  And the wine!  And the piglet races.  And the pumpkin launches.  And picking apples and pumpkins.  It is a WONDERFUL way to spend an afternoon!

- bonfires!  ASAP, weather, ASAP!

-  sweatshirts - see above.

- seeing all of the leaves change

- watching football

- my birthday. (yep, I went there.)

- pumpkin bread.

- and the list goes on.

I have been getting in the spirit.  A few weeks ago, I put out my fall wreath that I made last year.  LOVE that thing.  It is super adorable.  It is made of tulle, and I felt incredibly craft when I made it.  Never mind it was super easy...I don't need that negativity in my life.  It is adorable, and it encouraged me to make beautiful Christmas wreaths as presents last year!

awesome?  yep!
Since today is Sept 1, I felt OK about getting out more of our Fall decor.  There is still more to grab, but I am pretty excited about what I got out / may have bought today ;)

adorably cute fall decor from Michaels!
I just can't get enough of their sales!  30% off AND I had a 20% off my purchase coupon!

The pumpkins were also on sale :)
I have to wait awhile to put them out, but I was proud of my
stencil painting ability!

This is NOT decor - you are observant!
This is a pumpkin pie martini, and it is Fall in a glass.
Rachel Ray's recipe.  So good!
So that is where we are at the Cleinmarks!  Dan put in new steps on our deck this weekend.  Seems trivial, but we NEEDED them, and I am very grateful they are done!  He plans to replace some of the railing next weekend.  Hopefully we can make it look great so that eventually all will be swell for resale ;)

School is trying to kill me.  I am avoiding our research project as we speak.  Ugh.  Thankfully it is a 3 day weekend.  I am totally going to need tomorrow to make some headway on this thing!

1 comment:

  1. Girlfriend, as I read this I was sippin' on my Pumpkin Spice latte! Getcha one ASAP! Loved the wreath, I'm hoping Hobby Lobby is open today, I'd love to get a little crafty myself since it looks, smells, and feels like fall outside :)

    ReplyDelete