Monday, September 16, 2013

monday blues.

Mondays are unnecessarily hard.  I don't even sleep in (usually) on the weekends, so getting up shouldn't be more difficult...but it is.  It is cruel.  I was extra excited about my coffee this morning, that's for sure.

In related news.  I should have made warm coffee this morning.  brrr!  I have been obsessed with my iced coffee kcups, but something warm would have been better on this wonderfully Fall morning!

Overall, I had a pretty great weekend!  Friday night, we had a girls night - dinner and drinks, followed by doing some crafting.  My friend is getting married in June, and for her centerpieces, she is wrapping wine/beer bottles in yarn.  It sounds easier than it is, I promise.  Or, I am just not crafty at all...and that is a possibility.  Either way, it was a great night to just relax and enjoy each others' company!  I can never complain about that.

Saturday I spent the entire day reading for class.  I even stayed up late (1am) to finish reading so that I didn't have to worry about it at all on Sunday.  When I finished, I realized that I read one of the wrong chapters.  I had the privilege of reading the correct chapter Sunday, so that was very exciting...

Dan spent his Saturday building me a "cube storage" deal for the closet.  Target didn't have any 4-cube storage things in the store, and their website wanted to charge me over $30 to ship one.  Um.  Nothankyou.  So Mr. Handyman said "I can build one of those, no problem!"  I have to admit, I was pretty surprised at how well it actually came together, painted an all!  He even added an extra shelf to the top for some shoes.  I need more clothes storage, so as soon as my fabric drawers (that will fit perfectly!) come in, I am going to do some major organizing, and I am stoked!

Sunday we went to the Cardinals game!  It was ACS day at the ballpark, so it seemed like a great reason to go!  We were able to walk on the field - well the dirt...I attempted to walk on the grass, made it about 3 steps and was promptly yelled at.  Still pretty cool!  
on the field!

It was a great game, and I don't even like baseball.  I guess sports are typically better in person, but I feel like this may have been my favorite Cardinals experience.  We had pretty great seats, we saw a few home runs.  The cards did a great job of hitting doubles/singles to bring runners in.  It was a lot of fun!

We ended the evening with football (oh. btw.  all of my teams won this weekend!  Bama, Notre Dame (yep, I know it's weird I cheer for both...last year's championship was hard), AND the Raiders).  After football, we watched the latest Breaking Bad episode.  I hate Walt.

Happy Monday.  Hope you enjoy your last week of summer!  The calendar will agree that fall is here next week!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment