Monday, January 13, 2014

internship process - the beginning

In July, I will finish all of my graduate level classes, and beginning in August, I will be working full-time as a school psych intern at some unknown, but extremely lucky, ;) school district.  A year of internship is the final step in my graduate school career.  This process is extremely slightly intimidating, so I will probably be writing about it quite a bit until March 14, when the future will be revealed.

Basically, I will spend this month and the beginning of February applying to school districts in the St. Louis area, as well as a few back home.  Most districts that I apply to will be on the IL side of the river because, in all honesty, they are slightly ahead in the school psych game.  Interviews will begin Jan 31 in Springfield, with quick face-to-face interviews at the state school psych convention (yep, it exists).  Anyway, after the convention, I will hopefully get some calls for follow-up interviews.  If I am lucky, I will get an offer or two prior to the March 14 deadline.  I cannot accept an offer until that date.  Come March 14, I could have an offer that I am just waiting to accept, or I could have not heard from anyone, yet, and I would be just waiting for the phone to ring all day.  It will be a long, stressful day, I am sure.  Hopefully at the end of it, though, I will be EXTREMELY happy!

Currently, I am making a list of districts that I am planning on applying to, beginning cover letters, filling out online applications, and seeking letters of recommendation.  I will take any good vibes you can spare as this process gets rolling!  

No comments:

Post a Comment