Wednesday, January 22, 2014

the struggle is real.

The food struggle, that is.  

I am a lover of ice cream, white potatoes, pasta, red meat, bread, starbucks, etc.  But mostly ice cream.  And potatoes.

Eating clean isn't a goal for me.  I never envision myself cutting out all things processed, but I do really hope to fuel my body better.  One of my goals of 2014 is to WANT to eat well and to enjoy it.  So far, I am struggling with this.

I would rather workout for HOURS a day (though I don't...) than not have a bowl of ice cream for a week.  Dan is the opposite.  Whenever I actually get him to workout, he decides he will just eat "healthy" for a week. 

BUT!  I really want to find things that I enjoy that are super healthy.  Though I don't plan on being a "clean eater," I do want to eat a lot more unprocessed, good-for-me foods.  I just don't really know where to start...and I don't really feel like figuring it out right now.  I am a walking contradiction, people!  

Typically, I take things one thing at a time.  I have training in child psychology...I know that behaviors are HARD to change, so I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.  After a couple months of being lazy, I am back on the workout train, and I think I am starting to make a habit out of it again.  This past week, I have been tracking more on mfp.  Most days, I am over my calories, but at least I am looking at that again.  My current goal is to get back in the habit of being under my calories.  Then, I will focus on making some clean swaps.  (I say that as I am sipping on my chai tea latte from sbux...walking. contradiction.)

Anyway, that's my goal.  Focus on being under my calories, with less focus on WHAT I am eating.  Once I get back in the swing of that, I can start making some even healthier swaps.

Is eating healthy the easy or hard part for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment