Thursday, January 16, 2014

that time I kicked my dog...

Dan and I have two dogs.  My dog, Riley, is a chocolate lab mix, and she is my baby.  I am totally that pet mom that just thinks the world of that sweet puppy.  Dan's dog, Reese, is a border collie mix.  Reese is kind of an asshole.  Are you allowed to say that about dogs?  Don't get me wrong...I love him (usually), but he is just kind of a jerk...like a teenager.  He "talks back" aka growls/barks when he is told no, and one time, he literally peed on the floor, stopped when I looked at him to see what sound I was hearing, and started again when I turned around.  He just likes to be a brat.  He is also extremely cuddly, with both of us and Riley.  He wants to cuddle, and he REALLY wants you to pet his belly.
sweet mama's girl ;)

the handsome pain in the butt!

this is Riley's, "why does he always want to cuddle?" face
So Reese sleeps with us.  Every.  Night.  Usually right between me and Dan, on his back, begging for his tummy to be rubbed.  Riley, on the other hand, typically refuses.  Riley will cuddle on the couch during the day, but at night, that girl likes to spread out on the carpet.  If she doesn't happen to get on the bed, it is just for a few minutes to say hi, then she is gone.

Two nights ago I was not sleeping very well at all, and as I was in and out of sleep, I was having some crazy dreams.  Apparently, I had a dream where I had to fight someone off, and I kicked...really hard...and hit a dog, and the dog immediately jumped off the bed.  I felt horrible because I would never purposely kick a dog!  But...I also kind of figured it was Reese, and let's be honest, he didn't really care.  I knew he would be right back up begging for cuddles.

Nope.  Riley had chosen to be on the bed at 5am...and I kicked her.  My sweet Riley that never wants to cuddle at night!  She was probably thinking "what the hell?!  this is why I NEVER sleep with you guys!"  My poor, sweet girl!

I think she has forgiven me ;)  my toe, however, has not!  For 3 days now, I have been limping around because bending my toes back (aka walking) hurts!  It is starting to feel better, thankfully!  I have had to modify so much Jillian because of it!  Hopefully it gets back to feeling good sooner, rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment