Friday, January 3, 2014

Jillian 30 day DVD challenge

Quick recap...I started 2013 at 130lbs (I am 4'10...that is overweight, nearly obese on any BMI chart).   For the wedding in June, and up until Sept/Oct-ish I was 110lbs (which is a normal BMI), and I was happy with that.  Then life got in the way, I didn't feel like working out, blah blah blah.  Moral of the story?  I am starting 2014 at 120lbs (which puts me right back in the "overweight" category).

How frustrating to work so hard for 10 months to lose 20lbs and then gain 10lbs back!  I am not pleased with the scale currently, that's for sure.  This year, I want to find a passion to work out!  Supposedly it takes 4 months (or something...I may just be making that up) to form a habit, but I can tell you that even after 10, working out wasn't a habit for me.  Obviously.  That's why it was so easy to bounce back up 10lbs!

So when I saw @hollystanfield and @missmel_joy announce the 30 day Jilliam Michaels DVD challenge on instagram, I figured I should jump on board!  

I haven't felt like running for months, so hopefully finding SOMETHING to do each day will get me back in the swing of things and encourage me to start running a bit more.  So far, I have worked out 5 days in a row!  I am proud of that!

Mon 12/30 - jogged and sprints on the treadmill
Tues 12/31 - JM 30 Day Shred Level 1
Wed 1/1 (HAPPY NEW YEAR!) - JM 30 Day Shred Level 1
Thurs 1/2 - JM 30 Day Shred Level 1 AND A MILE "RUN" !!!!!
Fri 1/3 - JM Ripped in 30 Level 1

My body is feeling it, that's for sure!  But I am actually looking forward to the workouts, and I can't help but love waking up a bit sore.  It is nice to KNOW it must be doing SOMETHING to my muscles!

26 more days of Jillian to go!  Excited to see how it changes my body!  Let's do this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment